Friday, August 8, 2014

A Longcut to Mushroom

A couple weeks ago we took a walk in the woods that turned into a very successful mushroom hunt!  Here's some pictures from that experience, but I'm afraid I can't offer much advice about IDing mushrooms, as I was always taught to not touch them in the wild!  Apparently in France many people take mushrooms to the local pharmacy to ask if they're safe.  I'd love to see someone try that in the US!  So this is just for viewing pleasure, not for instruction!   

There be mushrooms yonder 

Looking for mushrooms...

One of the two types we picked.  They should be white under the cap, brown means they're too old.  Also the stalk should be smooth, if there's a ring or any irregularities it's no good
I started to pick this one and was quickly told that it would make me sick. That's why you should only pick mushrooms with an expert!  

The red bag is full of shrooms!  


After a hard hunt, what could be better than a local beer?




The delicious result!


No comments:

Post a Comment